Buffalo Sauce Recipe
Instead of buying a commercial buffalo sauce from the store with all sorts of ingredients in, give this easy homemade buffalo sauce recipe a try. It takes less than 30 minutes of active prep in the kitchen and the result is stunning. A delicious, hot, spicy sauce to dress up your chicken!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 oz bird’s eye chili
- 3 oz jalapeno chili
- 1/2 cup white rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Remove the ends of the chili peppers and cut them into 2-inch pieces. We suggest using rubber gloves for this step since your skin might get burned or irritated cutting them without gloves.
Add water, rice vinegar, and salt into a glass container. Then transfer chili peppers into the container. Store it in a dark place at room temperature.
After 5-7 days, it will have some small bubbles floating on the surface. Transfer the chili mixture from the jar into a high-speed blender for 1 minute to get more liquid out of them.
In a small pan, melt the butter, then add in the paprika, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Strain the blended mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to create a smooth sauce.
Pour the butter mixture into the chili sauce and stir to incorporate. Keep the sauce in a food container. Store the buffalo sauce in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- Try to keep everything as clean as possible because you do not want to introduce any harmful bacteria which could ruin the fermentation.
- Having the right proportion of salt (2 percent over the weight of chilies) to water is essential. Unhealthy bacteria can grow in a lower-salt environment, however, these bacteria might be killed when there is more salt.
- You can add a few sweet peppers, like bell peppers, to the jar to temper the spiciness of your sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg