Last updated on Dec 6, 2022
Last Updated: DEC 2, 2022
Disclaimer: We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
All content on the Site is created in good faith and for informational purposes only.
Neither the Site, HealthyRecipes101.com, nor the Company, Healthy Kitchen 101 LLC, is a medical organization. We do not provide medical advice. Our content does not constitute a medical diagnosis, nor does it substitute for specialist consultations, evaluations, or treatments.
The reader is urged to seek nutritional or medical consultation from qualified health care professionals prior to any decision to alter their current diet.
Our Intended Audience
The content on the Site, which includes but is not limited to the recipes, cooking instructions, and health or nutrition information, is intended for healthy adults who have no allergies or medical concerns.
Please do not use a recipe if you have a sensitivity or allergy to any of its ingredients.
The Site occasionally includes recipes that include alcohol. This content is intended for those 21 years of age or older.
How We Define a “Healthy Recipe”
The recipes on the Site are developed in accordance with our Nutrition Guidelines for Recipes and Meal Plans (the Guidelines).
Among other healthy eating factors, the Guidelines specify the maximum amount of energy (calories), saturated fat, and sodium we can include in a given recipe. A “healthy recipe,” by our definition, is one that stays within those restrictions.
Each of the recipe categories (main dish, side dish, drink, etc.) also has its own limits of those three dietary components. This is so that when you combine the recipes to make a complete meal plan for the day, you won’t exceed the daily limits defined by the Guidelines.
We may label our recipes, or introduce certain ingredients and cooking methods as “heart-healthy,” “weight-loss,” or “low-carb” based on the amount of certain macro and micronutrients. Those labels are intended to help you find recipes that might be suitable for your dietary needs. Because everybody reacts differently to foods, the labels should be treated as being for reference only.
How We Calculate Nutrition in Recipes
At Healthy Recipes 101, we use online apps to calculate the nutritional content of our recipes. These figures should only be considered estimates.
Due to the use of different nutrition calculators, you may see small inconsistencies between the nutrition information provided in the tables in the middle and at the end of the articles (calories: ±10, saturated fat: ±1g, sodium: ±10mg). These differences are nutritionally insignificant and do not negate the nutritional claims made in the articles.
The nutritional values of a dish can fluctuate following changes to the ingredients (product type, product origin, freshness, etc.) and in the ways they are processed. More accurate nutritional information in any given recipe should be calculated from the actual ingredients used.
As the preparer, you assume full responsibility for ensuring accurate nutritional information and content in your recipe.
Our Instructions and Cooking Tips
We may introduce cooking tips and instructions that involve the use of various foods, spices, other ingredients, kitchen equipment, and appliances. This content is created for general-information purposes only and does not constitute or replace advice from a qualified professional.
The process and results may vary due to the differences between equipment, food ingredients, energy conditions, weather conditions, and other factors. There may also be regulations that prohibit the purchase or use of certain food or equipment in certain localities.
The readers are urged to refer to the local regulations, user’s manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and consult qualified professionals before using their foods and appliances.
Limitation of Liability
The publishers, writers, and nutritionists of Healthy Kitchen 101 LLC are not responsible for any injury, mishap, or detrimental consequences incurred due to your involvement in activities and ideas presented on this website.
By using the Site, you agree not to assert any claims, pursue legal action, or make allegations against us, the owners, writers, editors, publishers, and our affiliates at the Site and the Company for any damages and/or injuries resulting from your pursuit of activities or ideas presented and published by us.
All Content on the Site, including but not limited to the recipes, articles, photos, images, codes, and design, is owned, controlled, and/or licensed by or to the Company, and protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
You may print out copies of our recipes and photos for personal use without further permission.
If you’re a blog or website who wants to include one or more of our recipes in a round-up article, please write a unique description and link to the recipe on our Site. You may use a food photo from the Site on your blog or website with attribution of copyright to HealthyRecipes101.
No part of the Site and no Content can be copied, translated, distributed, or re-published for commercial purposes without prior express written permission from the Company. HealthyRecipes101 provides the Content at no charge and you may not attempt to sell our Content in any way.
Advertising and Affiliation
We work with other businesses to finance our activities.
Some of the links in our editorial content are affiliate links with unique tracking codes. We place them where we think they would be useful for the reader. When you follow these links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission from the business.
Regardless of whether or not it’s an affiliate link, the price of the product is the same.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
You may see advertisement banners for products or services on our website. They’re clearly distinguished from our editorial content with a frame and the word “Advertisement.” We do not tolerate advertisements of products or services on the topics of race, drugs, weapons, pornography, religion, or dating.
Clicking on those advertisement links will take you to the website of the product or service provider. We have no control over the content of those websites and do not necessarily endorse, approve, or take responsibility for the product, services, or ideas presented by them.
Brand Names in Editorial Content
We purchase and use different foods, spices, or condiments from various brands in our recipes. The choice of products is based on their taste, nutritional profile, and availability.
Because the nutritional value of a food varies among different brands, we may mention specific product names in our editorial, non-sponsored recipe posts. We are not affiliated with, and do not promote said brands in any way.
You may use the same products from any other brand, but note that the nutritional content of the dish may be altered.
You may find in our editorial content non-promotional links to other websites. These links are provided for informational purposes only. Healthy Recipes 101 does not endorse or approve of any of the products, services, or opinions of the corporation, organization, or individual from those sites.
Healthy Recipes 101 has no control over those websites and is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links.
Healthy Recipes 101 invites readers to share their relevant opinions and experiences with us. We welcome civil, polite, and relevant comments, criticism, and discussions.
You may do so using the Comment section at the bottom of each post. Please note that once your comment is approved and published, anyone on the net can see it.
By leaving a comment, you agree to grant us license to republish and use it without limitation.
Please avoid making comments that
- are spammy;
- are offensive or profanitive;
- include discrimination or personal attacks;
- include misinformation;
- are off topic;
- advocate dangerous or illegal activities;
- promote goods or services.
We retain the right, but not the obligation, to delete, reject, or remove comments at our sole discretion.
1. The Information We Collect
“Personal information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), means “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.”
We’ve collected or not collected the following categories of personal information from you within the last twelve (12) months:
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, when you voluntarily provide it to us in one of the following ways
- By subscribing to our newsletter
- By sending us a question or comment using the Contact Us form on the Site
- By making a question or comment using the Comment section at the end of each article.
- Indirectly from you, with methods including but not limited to the following:
- From observing how you visit the Site
- From observing how you move about when using the Site.
2. How We Use the Personal Information
We may use and disclose the personal information we collect from California residents for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process, respond to, and fulfill your request or inquiries.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through the Site, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Site, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about you is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights). The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Service providers
- Third parties such as ad networks.
4. Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A – Identifiers.
- Category D – Commercial information.
- Category F – Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers. We disclose the categories of personal information to various vendors who provide us with services required to run our business.
5. Disclosures of Personal Information for a Commercial Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a commercial purpose:
- Category A – Identifiers.
We disclose your personal information for a commercial purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Ad network who shows ads on the Site that may entice you to make a purchase. In such a case, we are compensated for your traffic or transaction depending on the specific offering you click.
6. Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following categories of personal information:
- You may be tracked through our site by an ad network that identifies you through cookies or other identifiers for the purpose of showing you targeted advertisements.
What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website, when visited by a user, asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies.
We also use third-party cookies, which are cookies from a domain different from the domain of the Site, for our advertising and marketing efforts.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our products, services, or applications;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts. (including behavioral advertising)
Managing Your Cookie Preferences
You can disable cookies on our site using your browser. Please check the support website for your browser if you don’t know how to disable cookies. Note that when cookies are turned off, your experience with the Site may be affected.
If you’re a resident of California, by the California Consumer Privacy Act, you can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Information” line at the bottom of the Site.
8. Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy.
We may use remarketing and retargeting ads to market the Site with third-party companies, for example, Facebook or Google, based on your past visits to the site. This may be done with pixels, cookies, or other similar data collection.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
10. For EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by mailing or emailing us using the addresses specified at the end of these .
11. For California Residents: Your Rights and Choices
If you are a resident of the state of California, your privacy is protected under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), among other laws and regulations.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. Seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at (408) 493-0350, or
Emailing us at: [email protected]
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also designate a third party to exercise your rights – an authorized agent – however we will require written proof of the authorization and potentially proof of your identity.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page (“Do Not Sell My Information”) and turn off “Sale of Personal Data”. You or your authorized agent can also send a request via email to us at [email protected]
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by contacting us and making the request.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by mailing or emailing us using the addresses specified at the end of these .
12. Sale of Business or Assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
13. Children’s Information
The Site is not directed or intended for children under 16 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
If we learn that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will remove that information from our system.
If you as a parent or legal guardian believe your child has disclosed their personal information or identifiers to us, please contact us so that we can delete the information from our system.
Healthy Kitchen 101 LLC – San Francisco Office
100 Pine Street Suite 1250
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone number: (408) 493-0350
Or email us at [email protected]