We’ve compiled these quick and easy Instant Pot breakfast recipes that will energize and give you a powerful kick start to the day. They are all easy-to-prepare recipes made with fresh and readily available ingredients from your pantry.
Why Is Breakfast The Most Important Meal of the Day?
Breakfast is the first meal of the day. A delicious and healthy breakfast will give you the energy you need — both physical and mental— to start your day. Research has shown that you should make room for this early meal:
- Improves concentration and productivity throughout the morning: It’s been observed that children who have a healthy breakfast are more likely to have a better concentration span and problem-solving skills. This may be due to the replenishment of glucose — the brain and body’s main energy source.
- Supports weight control: Eating morning meals may help reduce hunger later in the day, allowing you to avoid overeating, snacking or consuming junk food.
- Reduces the risk of illness: Compared to people who skip breakfast, those who regularly eat a healthy breakfast tend to have a lower risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
What to Make for Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
Whether you take time to make something warm and delicious every morning, or you just grab something from the fridge to quickly start your day, a balanced and healthy breakfast should consist of a variety of food groups:
- Grains: Whole-grain food like cereal.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh, whole fruits and vegetables.
- Dairy: Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Protein: It could be animal-based or plant-based sources such as lentils, eggs, lean meat, poultry, and fish.
How Many Calories Should You Eat for Breakfast?
Everyone’s ideal calorie intake will be a little different, depending on your required total daily calorie count. The number could range between 300 – 500 calories. Alongside counting the calories, you also want to make sure your breakfast is nutritionally balanced and made with high-quality ingredients.
Homemade Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
Instant Pot is one of our go-to kitchen appliances as it saves us both time and effort in the kitchen. The following recipes take advantage of the Instant Pot to make everything from soups to tacos in a jiffy.
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana: We’ve transformed this classic Italian-style Zuppa Toscana soup with our straightforward and effortless Instant Pot version. The fresh aromatic kale is cooked to tender with creamy potatoes, juicy sausage, and crispy bacon in an umami broth.
The soup ends up so packed with delicious savory-umami flavors and textures, you’ll feel like you’re having breakfast in a restaurant instead of your home.
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup: If you’re craving a soup to warm you up on a winter morning, our Instant Pot mushroom soup is sure to satisfy you. Unlike in the traditional method — adding cooked mushrooms at the end, in this version, the onions and mushrooms are sauteéd in garlic and olive oil before stewing with the broth in one pot.
This way, the soup releases all the exquisite and earthy mushroom flavors into every thick and creamy spoonful.
- Instant Pot Jambalaya: Loaded with rice, egg, sausage, shrimp, and vegetables, our Instant Pot Jambalaya is the ultimate filling breakfast of champions. Despite the fancy-looking and flavor-packed experience, the dish is surprisingly easy to make.
You just gather all the ingredients in the pot and set the ‘cook rice’ mode. No monitoring or stirring is required during the process, and a wholesome breakfast is ready in approximately half an hour.
- Instant Pot Polenta: This polenta recipe is a no-fuss way to create a quick and creamy cheesy breakfast. Thanks to the Instant Pot, there is no stirring involved, and you can make the dish with minimal time and effort.
Add a ton of flavor to your polenta bowl with fresh herbs, baked bacon, sauteed shrimp, or grated cheese. The options are endless, and the dish is utterly satisfying.
- Instant Pot Bean Soup: This Instant Pot bean soup couldn’t be more straightforward since it comes with almost zero hands-on cooking. Combine beans, protein, and your vegetables of choice together in the Instant Pot, and this amazing kitchen appliance will do the rest of the work for you.
Our stew features a flavorful tomato-based broth, smoky bacon and a creamy blend of peas and beans that evokes that classic comfort food feeling.
- Instant Pot Minestrone: The rich Italian Minestrone soup can be served as a complete light meal since it’s loaded with veggies and pasta, topped with cheese, and served with slices of bread. Though the soup is traditionally enjoyed as a vegetarian dish, there is plenty of room for customization; chicken broth, shredded meat, and cheese add more protein and calories for breakfast.
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup: Just like the hearty stove top cheddar soup, our Instant Pot variant is packed with vegetables and nutrients and can stand alone as a light meal. Even though it can be made in less than 30 minutes, the soup still retains a creamy, flavor-balanced, and smooth texture, making each spoonful a little piece of heaven.
Top your broccoli cheddar with bacon, nuts, croutons, or all of them combined, for a bowl of hearty soup that guarantees comfort and satisfaction.
- Instant Pot Fajitas: If a taco filled with well-seasoned chicken, crunchy stir-fried vegetables, and creamy avocado slices is all you need for your morning fuel, this recipe is for you. And the best part? Once you dump all the ingredients into the Instant Pot, a perfect filling meal is ready in only 20 minutes.
- Instant Pot Casserole: This Instant Pot casserole recipe gives you the same flavor as a traditional oven-baked casserole, but without the crust and less cooking time. You just need a few minutes to sauté the onions, peppers, and spinach before popping them all in the egg mixture and pressure-cooking them.
The dish is loaded with eggs and a bunch of vegetables, making it a nourishing breakfast package.
- Instant Pot French Toast: There is no need to spend an hour in the oven baking the perfect French toast the night before when the Instant Pot version will be ready in half the time. Instead of dipping and baking each slice of toast on its own, this recipe cooks all the ingredients together in a custard of eggs, milk, sugar, and cinnamon.
To take your scrumptious French toast to the next level, top it with sweet vanilla icing and nuts, giving it a cinnamon roll vibe that will have you craving the next bite.
- Instant Pot Banana Bread: The nature of the Instant Pot is to steam food, and that’s exactly why banana bread turns out heavenly soft with this magnificent kitchen appliance. A tip for quick bread recipes is to not overmix the batter. Gently stir the dry and wet ingredients until combined and high-pressure steam cook the mixture.
The results are sure to be past your expectations! The bread has a fluffy, slightly dense, comforting flavor with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Instant Pot Oats: You can of course make oatmeal in the oven or stovetop, but with the Instant Pot you can turn it into a make-ahead breakfast; it’s so convenient it may become your go-to method. Instead of constantly stirring to avoid the oats sticking to the bottom of the pan, you set the Pot and walk away until the timer rings.
The last step is to customize your bowl of creamy oatmeal with a rainbow of mix-ins and toppings: fresh fruits, dried fruits, and nuts. The variations are endless!
- Instant Pot Apple Cake: Usually, baking is a long process, but with the help of the Instant Pot, it becomes feasible and accessible even in the morning. With the same ingredients as the oven-baked type, this apple cake is made with apples, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, and spices.
It’s moist, full of flavor, and the secret ingredient — orange — lends a nice twist that breaks up the sweetness and balances out the aroma.
- Instant Pot Pancake: Aside from the unique 4-serving size, this pancake is fluffy, buttery, and irresistible, just like the smaller pan-cooked version. Making pancakes in the Instant Pot is also easier and quicker if you’re feeding a crowd.
This pancake recipe is a blank canvas, so you can experiment with different elements added to the batter. Your children will love blueberries and chocolate chips, while a pinch of pumpkin spice can make your breakfast taste like fall.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: While boiling eggs on the stovetop is easy, you’ll love this hands-off hard-boiled eggs recipe which produces eggs that are extremely easy to peel. Pressure-steaming eggs is foolproof and the result is a golden, centered yolk without the green rings.
Hard-boiled eggs are a meal-prep staple, perfect for a protein-rich breakfast, quick snack, or salad topping.
- Instant Pot Congee: This Instant Pot Asian-inspired congee makes a comforting and nourishing breakfast. There is no right way to make congee, personal preferences can vary from watery to very thick and the toppings can easily be customized to your liking.
Shredded chicken is the most popular option, while chopped vegetables add colors and texture. Our secret is a teaspoon of fried shallots, creating a beautiful crunch against the creamy congee and filling every spoonful with fragrance.
- Instant Pot Bread Pudding : Bread pudding is the definition of a comfort treat, and this recipe is one of the easiest and quickest ways to make it. Your old bread is torn into cubes, combined with the custard mixture, and cooked in the Instant Pot for a rich, silky-smooth pudding.
With just the right amount of sugar and an aromatic hint of rum sauce, this bread pudding will make you and your family feel extra cozy on a winter morning.
- Instant Pot Burrito: Starting the day with a nutrient-packed dish like a burrito is always a good idea. The burrito ticks every nutritional box you need to welcome in the morning: carbs, protein, and vegetables. Bursting with flavors, the meal can be either wrapped in tortillas or brought together in a little fancy bowl.
- Instant Pot Frittata: Make your staple fridge ingredients like eggs, veggies, and bacon a little fancier with this Instant Pot frittata recipe. Whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings, then stir in your favorite chopped vegetables and proteins.
The pressure cooker speeds up the process, making fork-tender and creamy frittata in just 10 minutes. The best part? You don’t even need to heat up an oven.
- Instant Pot Muffin Bites: Instant Pot can handle both savory and sweet breakfasts like cake and muffins. Though they won’t have a crispy top like the oven-baked variety, these adorable mini muffins are moist and buttery and super quick to make.
They can be enjoyed as breakfast with a glass of warm milk or made ahead of time for brunch parties. It’s no secret that kids just love these pick-and-eat-size muffin bites.