Forget about the pricey stuffed salmon served at restaurants as there’s a more affordable way to enjoy this specialty — making a home version yourself. We have gathered some of the best stuffed salmon recipes out there for you. Give them a try – you may find a new favorite to add to your meal plan.
What Is Stuffed Salmon Made of?
A classic stuffed salmon dish doesn’t require complicated ingredients. With a quick trip to the grocery store, you will find everything you need – salmon filets, vegetables, cream cheese, and seasonings.
- Salmon: Salmon is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which offer many health benefits. For those who aren’t confident in their knife skills, you can buy pre-cut salmon at the store. The ideal salmon filet is about one to two-inch thick.
- Spinach: With its mild sweetness and tender leaves, baby spinach is great for stuffing. If you don’t have fresh spinach on hand, frozen baby spinach works fine. However, you should avoid buying mature spinach with hard stems, as this can affect the texture of your stuffed salmon.
- Mozzarella and parmesan cheese: These add a rich note to our stuffing. Go for low-moisture mozzarella that melts better when cooked.
- Cream cheese: Cream cheese helps to blend all the stuffing ingredients into a silky-smooth mixture. If you are vegan or lactose-intolerant, you can opt for plant-based cream cheese instead.
What Else Can You Add to the Stuffing?
If you are looking for some add-ins for your stuffed salmon dishes, try out these options:
- Dried fruits: Raisins, dried cranberries, and apricots possess a sweet and sour taste that complements other ingredients beautifully.
- Roasted nuts: The smokiness and crunch of nuts adds more texture and flavor to the dish.
- Mushrooms: Diced mushrooms sautéed with olive oil are a great vegan addition.
- Spices: If you fancy a little kick in your stuffed salmon, add a pinch of chili powder or red pepper flakes.
Best Stuffed Salmon Recipes
Now that you know how to prep your salmon filet to perfection, let’s check out our highly recommended stuffed salmon recipes.
1 of 1
1 of 1
Stuffed Salmon Recipe
Stuffed Salmon is prepared by filling salmon pockets with spinach and cream cheese for a velvety, rich center. Each filet is pan-fried skin down until golden brown and crisp, and then served with cooked asparagus for an appreciated crunch. The result is a meaty bite with a smooth cream cheese layer and a crunchy veggie finish.
Get the recipe
How to Prepare Salmon Filet
Prepping a salmon filet may seem a bit intimidating for entry-level home cooks. Don’t stress out, as we have some tips to help you out.
- Always double-check for pin bones by gently running your hand over the surface of the salmon. If there are any, remove them with a pair of fish bone tweezers.
- Don’t rinse your salmon under the faucet, as doing so will cause cross-contamination in your kitchen.
- If you are using a frozen salmon filet, thaw it in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. Make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Do not slice the salmon filet all the way through; instead, make a small cut in the center to create a pocket for the stuffing.
With our collection of stuffed salmon recipes, we hope to make cooking this high-quality fish easy and enjoyable for you. If you try out any of our recipes, feel free to share your experiences by leaving a comment below.