If you have extra pumpkin to use up, this pumpkin smoothie recipe can become your favorite way to enjoy it. The drink has all of your favorite fall flavors in a glass: pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
The result is a satisfying drink with a thick, creamy consistency that tastes exactly like a pumpkin pie.
Benefits of This Pumpkin Smoothie
Not only is our pumpkin smoothie creamy and lip-smacking, but the main ingredient in this smoothie, pumpkin, is nutritious and linked to several health benefits.
This yellow-orange veggie contains antioxidants, like beta-carotene, which may help to protect against skin damage from the sun. Beta-carotene is transformed into vitamin A by the liver and strengthens the immune system. Our smoothie is an excellent source of vitamin A since each serving of the drink has up to 50% of the recommended daily allowance for vitamin A.
Pumpkin is also a great source of fiber, which has been linked to heart health benefits. For instance, a study has shown that higher fiber intake helps to lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels, the risk of cardiovascular disease, along with several other benefits.
To sum up, our smoothie is a delicious way to add an abundance of nutrients to your eating pattern.
Ingredients for This Smoothie
Our smoothie combines some of the favorite fall flavors like pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup into a drinkable “pumpkin pie”.
- Pumpkin Purée: Homemade pumpkin purée is the best option. We love to roast the flesh of pumpkin ourselves. The process takes a little bit of time and preparation, but the silky purée is well worth the effort.
If you go with canned pumpkin, make sure you grab a can of pure pumpkin without spices or sweeteners.
- Bananas: Bananas create a thick and creamy base for this smoothie. Frozen bananas are a great alternative to give the pumpkin smoothie an ice cream-like texture. Using frozen fruit also means that you can reduce or even omit the added ice in this recipe.
- Cinnamon: A pinch of cinnamon is our secret ingredient in this smoothie. It makes the drink taste like a pumpkin pie in a glass.
- Milk: Choose your favorite milk for this smoothie, such as regular milk, oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk. Since any variant will complement the richness of pumpkin and banana, simply go with the one in your fridge!
- Maple Syrup: Honey or sugar can be used in place of maple syrup, but we prefer the way maple syrup features the fall flavor.
- Ice: For a thick and chilly texture.
Can I Use Raw Pumpkin for This Smoothie?
Yes, you can, but it’s not our recommendation for this pumpkin smoothie.
The flesh of raw pumpkin has a somewhat bitter taste and a fibrous, crunchy texture. Roasted pumpkin, on the other hand, often comes with a sweet taste and a silky consistency, making it a perfect addition to this smoothie.
How to Make Pumpkin Smoothie
This healthy smoothie recipe is simple to make because it’s just a matter of placing the ingredients into a blender.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into serving glasses.
This pumpkin smoothie holds up well when stored in the refrigerator. Simply put the drink into an airtight container before transferring it to the fridge. Consume the drink within 3 to 4 days.
For longer storage, keep the smoothie in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw it overnight in the fridge and give the drink a whisk to get the silky consistency.
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- 8 oz pumpkin purée
- 10 oz banana
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Put 2 cups ice, 8 oz pumpkin purée, 10 oz banana, 1 cup milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into serving glasses.