Our dragon fruit juice recipe introduces you to a quick and simple way to enjoy this tropical fruit. Use a simple blender to whip up this cool, refreshing beverage, and relish it on warm summer days.
What’s more, this delectable beverage comes together in less than 5 minutes! Here’s the ideal treat when you’re looking for a quick, healthy drink to cool you down.
Benefits of Dragon Fruit Juice
Dragon fruit is an antioxidant and a nutrient powerhouse, enriched with vitamins A and C, calcium, iron, magnesium, and protein. Regular intake of this fruit has many health benefits.
Additionally, it is low in calories – only 120 per 6 oz – making it the perfect snack for you. Dragon fruit also helps strengthen your immune system with its high vitamin C content, which can boost your resistance to the common cold and flu.
The fruit is good for digestion because of its high fiber content. It contains 5 grams of fiber in a 6-oz serving, which is considered pretty high. Not only does fiber aid in digestion, it also helps to control blood sugar.
Bonus: Dragon fruit is also beneficial for the skin. The fruit is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals; these nutrients are known to aid cell regeneration and reduce free radical damage.
Ingredients for Dragon Fruit Juice
The following ingredients are what you will need for today's dragon fruit juice recipe:
- Dragon fruit: This nutrient-dense tropical fruit has a sweet flavor and an unusual texture. Dragon fruit can be had as a simple, refreshing snack, or you can mix it with other fruits to make salads, desserts, and smoothies.
- Lime juice: Because dragon fruit has a mild flavor, a squeeze of fresh lime juice adds a tropical tanginess to the drink.
- Water: Since this is a juice recipe, we add water to give the blended mixture a more drinkable consistency.
- Sugar: Dragon fruit is already naturally sweet and often may not need additional sweetener. However, since we’ve also used lime juice in this recipe, we can add a dash of sugar to balance out the sharp sourness of lime.
- Mint: We garnish our drinks with a few sprigs of mint to add a refreshing touch.
- Ice: Add some ice cubes to give this beverage a cool sensation - the perfect thirst-quenching ingredient for any juice.
1. Types of Dragon Fruit You Can Use
We're using red dragon fruit for today's recipe because we love its vibrant fuchsia color. That being said, if a red dragon fruit isn't available at your supermarket, you can use the regular white-flesh variety.
2. Can You Juice the Skin of Dragon Fruit?
Yes, you can. However, we don’t recommend it.
Although dragon fruit skin may be safe to consume and is often used in some international cuisines, it may not add any additional flavor to your juice.
How to Make Dragon Fruit Juice
If you plan to make dragon fruit juice, first prepare the fruit.
- Rinse the dragon fruit under running water to remove any dirt. Pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut off the two ends of the fruit until the flesh is exposed.
- Cut the fruit in half lengthwise. Next, halve each half to quarter the fruit.
- Hold a wedge of the fruit by its skin. Cut the wedge into chunks; stop once you reach the skin.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and repeat with the remaining wedges.
Once the fruit is ready, you can proceed to make today's dragon fruit juice recipe.
Storing and Freezing Leftovers
In this section, we’ll tell you how to store and maximize the shelf life of this delicious dragon fruit smoothie.
1. How to Store Leftover Dragon Fruit
Leftover fresh dragon fruit, or any other fruit, should be left unpeeled and stored in the fridge. If you’ve already peeled it, put it in an airtight container.
In case you’ve cut the fruit in half, but kept the peel, simply wrap the exposed part in cling film.
2. How Long Does Dragon Fruit Juice Last?
If you plann to make a big batch of dragon fruit juice, you need to prepare containers, such as bottles or jars with tight-fitting lids, to store the juice.
Homemade juices should be kept in airtight containers in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. If stored as instructed, your dragon fruit juice should last for 1 to 2 days.
You can also freeze the juice in a freezer-safe container, and it can last for about a month. Whenever you want a glass of this heavenly thirst-quencher, stir it and pour into a glass.
Dragon Fruit Juice Recipe
Our dragon fruit juice recipe offers a refreshing and healthy drink with just a few ingredients, including this exotic tropical fruit.
- prep TIME 5 mins
- total TIME 5 mins
- COURSE Beverage
- CUISINE Global
- CALORIES 82 kcal
- 16 oz red dragon fruit
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 cups ice
Juice the dragon fruit: Add 16 oz red dragon fruit to a juicer.
Add the remaining ingredients: Add 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp lime juice, and 1 1/2 cups water to the dragon fruit juice then use a spoon to stir until well-mixed.
Transfer into serving glasses: Pour the juice into four tall serving glasses.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve with ice.
Tuyet PhamChef, Culinary Consultant
Luna ReginaWriter, Author
- Jenifer Shields
June 7, 2023 at 7:10 AMThis juice is a refreshing and nutritious drink that's easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day.