Why go out of your way to buy fruit juice when you can make a tasty drink at home with our pineapple lemonade recipe. Simply combine two of your favorite and readily accessible fruits, whip out the juicer, and turn them into a delightful homemade drink.
You can drink it straight up or serve it over ice for a more refreshing experience. Either way, this 10-minute drink will quench your thirst and keep you well hydrated!
Is Pineapple Lemonade Healthy?
Our pineapple lemonade is a celebration of two fresh ingredients that, along with a host of other health benefits, will promote a healthy heart and immune system.
1. Supports Cardiovascular Health
Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C; one cup of the fruit contains about 79 milligrams of vitamin C. That is more than the recommended dietary allowance for women (75 mg/day) and close to the recommended for men (90 mg/day).
Along with boosting your immune system, research shows that having a diet full of vegetables and fruits and rich in vitamin C also reduces your risk of having strokes and heart diseases.
Furthermore, plant compounds found in lemons called hesperidin and diosmin have also been shown to lower cholesterol levels and support a healthy heart.
2. Contains Antioxidants
Oxidative stress has been linked to some serious conditions like strokes, cancer, and arthritis. Luckily, both pineapple and lemon are rich in antioxidants and minerals that can reduce the damage caused by oxidation.
Antioxidants are also said to neutralize free radicals in our bodies, and thus boost our overall health.
These are just some of the amazing benefits we can get from a simple juice made from easy-to-buy ingredients.
Ingredients for This Drink
While the name pineapple lemonade already implies the two key elements, there is still room for other ingredients to shine.
- Pineapple: We suggest using ripe pineapple in the recipe to add a delightfully sweet and slightly tangy note to the drink. Plus, it still packs a delicious warm and tropical flavor that immediately satisfies your thirst and excites your taste buds.
- Lemon: You can use either lime or lemon juice since they both work well in this pineapple lemonade recipe. The citrus element adds zest that compliments the flavors of the other fruits.
- Coconut Water: Here is a secret for a lip-smacking drink: add coconut water to your pitcher! Coconut water has a natural earthy tone and a soft, sweet taste that incorporates surprisingly well into the drink, making it a great addition to any beverage.
- Lemon Zest: Lemon zest can be purchased in dried form from the spice aisle but it’s most flavorful when freshly made. The oil in fresh lemon zest adds a refreshing aroma and sunny note to liven up everything from salads to cocktails.
- Herbs: It’s no surprise that mint and basil are among the most common ingredients to feature in fresh fruit drinks. That being said, there are many other different types of herbs you can consider for this pineapple lemonade recipe. So let your imagination go wild for an interesting twist to your homemade juice.
How to Make Pineapple Lemonade
Our pineapple juice recipe is quite simple to make. All you have to do is combine all the elements in a mixing bowl or a large pitcher before serving over ice.
Add the pineapple juice, coconut water, lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, and basil to a large pitcher.
Stir to combine.
Serve over ice.Jump to Recipe
How Long Does Pineapple Lemonade Last?
Since the pineapple lemonade is made from scratch and contains no preservatives, the juice should be consumed within 2 hours for the best taste and nutritional value.
The juice can, however, last 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator. When storing, we recommend keeping it in an airtight container to limit exposure to the air.
And if you want to store the juice long term, it can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. in either an airtight container or Ziplock bag. Note that you should keep about an inch of space between the liquid and the cover to allow expansion.
When ready to use, thaw the contents at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If you’re entertaining friends, make sure you taste the drink first to ensure that it still holds flavor and tastes good enough to serve.
Pineapple Lemonade Recipe
- 16 fl oz pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 cups ice
- Mix the ingredients: add the pineapple juice, coconut water, lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, and basil to a large pitcher.
- Stir: Use a wooden spoon to stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve: Add ice to each glass and pour in the juice. Serve right away.