This chicken broccoli salad makes a delicious side or light meal with savory slices of chicken breast and fresh crunchy broccoli on a bed of colorful lettuce mix. Top with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese and dress with a honey mustard sauce.
Ingredients for Chicken Broccoli Salad Recipe
The ingredients for this salad are widely available at the stores and supermarkets, so you can get them in no time.
1. For the Salad
- Chicken: This salad recipe calls for skinless boneless chicken breast. We simply season it with garlic powder and paprika for a savory kick. Since we only use a dry rub for our meat before air-frying it, it’s best to go with fresh chicken breast with a succulent texture and a naturally mild taste. The refrigerating/freezing process may cause the chicken breasts to dry out and lose its moisture. Hence, the fresher the better.
- Broccoli: Our salad calls for boiled broccoli with a tender-crisp texture and a slightly grassy undertone, which pairs perfectly well with the chicken breasts. Make sure to give these greens a proper wash before boiling them, as their heads often contain pollutants such as dirt, bacteria, and cabbage worms. Soak them in a bowl of warm or cold water for a few minutes, then cleanse them one more time under running water.
- Lettuce mix: We go with lettuce mix for a burst of flavors, textures, and colors. The red and green leaves make an eye-catching bed for the other ingredients to sit on.
2. For the Dressing
This dressing is so easy yet super tasty. You only need five ingredients:
- Olive oil: We use cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil.
- Honey: To give the dressing a natural sweetness.
- Lemon juice: To add some tangy notes.
- Dijon mustard: To add a slightly pungent kick.
- Salt: To add a savory flavor.
Give this mixture a good stir and you’ll have a delicious honey mustard sauce with an amazing balance of sweet, sour, and savory.
3. For the Toppings
A sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese and pomegranate seeds gives our dish a pop of color and boost of flavor. The feta cheese has a briny, slightly tangy taste, while the translucent red seeds burst into juice every time you bite into them.
Is Chicken Broccoli Salad Healthy?
Yes, our chicken broccoli makes a wonderful healthy snack or side dish.
With just around 200 calories, one serving contains a considerable amount of complete protein, thanks to the chicken. We also opt for skinless boneless chicken breasts to give our dish a leaner eating experience and an impressive nutrition profile.
And with the broccoli added, our dish is also rich in vitamins and minerals. Specifically, these nutritious greens are known to pack loads of vitamin C and K. And yes, eating this super veggie on a regular basis can bring you tons of benefits.
On top of that, the lettuce included in our salad also adds to the amount of dietary fiber, making our dish more filling, yet still low in calories.
How to Store the Leftovers
For a dressed salad, it’s best to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and consume it within 24 hours.
Chicken Broccoli Salad Recipe
This chicken broccoli salad recipe gives you an easy tasty dish: Within 30 minutes, you'll have a flavorful and colorful salad featuring moist chicken breast, fresh lettuce, and crunchy broccoli with a gorgeous sprinkling of pomegranate seeds and feta cheese on top. Dress with a honey mustard sauce and give it a good toss!
- cook TIME 25 mins
- prep TIME 5 mins
- total TIME 30 mins
- COURSE Side Dish
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS servings
- CALORIES 202 kcal
- 6 ozbroccoli (cut into florets)
- 0.5 tspgarlic powder
- 8 ozskinless boneless chicken breast
- 3 ozlettuce mix
- 0.5 tsppaprika
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 1 tbsphoney
- 4 ozpomegranate seeds
- 2 tbspparsley (chopped)
- 1 tsplemon juice
- 0.5 ozcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsptraditional Dijon mustard
- 0.3 tspsalt
Cut the broccoli into florets: Place the broccoli on a cutting board, the large stem facing up. With a paring knife, slice the large florets away from the large stem, one by one. Half or quarter the florets to have even pieces.
Finely chop the parsley.
Season the chicken: Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp paprika to 8 oz skinless boneless chicken breast. Rub the seasonings onto the meat to coat evenly.
Air-fry the chicken: Place the chicken into an air fryer and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Boil the broccoli: In a pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil, then add 6 oz broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the broccoli with a strainer, then place them into a bowl of ice water to retain their bright green hue and crunchy texture.
Make the sauce: In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, honey, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Mix to combine.
Slice the chicken: On a cutting board, cut the chicken breast into 1/2-inch slices.
Assemble the salad ingredients: Arrange the lettuce mix, broccoli, chicken, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, and parsley on serving plates.
Drizzle with the sauce, then serve!