Our Halloween jungle juice recipe may not be spooky, but it makes a fantastic themed punch for you to enjoy with friends.
This is a sequel to our jungle juice saga using fresh fruits and juice. Before we start, here are some interesting facts about today’s drink:
Is Halloween Jungle Juice Healthy?
Although our Halloween jungle juice recipe does contain fresh fruits and juice, it also has alcoholic spirits in it. For this reason, we can’t label the drink “healthy”.
We can say, however, that it is a healthier take than most other recipes out there, as we design every alcoholic beverage recipe according to USDA’s dietary guidelines.
This Halloween jungle juice contains 1 fl oz of 80 proof alcohol per serving. This amount of alcohol is lower than what USDA recommends — 1.5 fl oz for women and 3 fl oz for men.
In addition, we also paid close attention to the amount of sugar in each serving to ensure it doesn’t exceed your daily limit. In the end, this recipe contains only 1 tablespoon of sugar per four servings.
What’s in a Halloween Jungle Juice Recipe?
1. What Exactly Is a Jungle Juice?
Jungle juice is typically a cocktail mixed with an assortment of alcoholic spirits and fresh fruits. Variations of the drinks depend on the imagination of the maker, so have fun with it!
That being said, we don’t encourage you to go overboard with the drink. Jungle juice is best to drink in moderation, as it often contains hard liquor such as gin, vodka, tequila, etc.
Jungle juice is often made in large batches and served in a sizable tub for a crowd at parties. However, today we’re going to turn it into a family-sized drink, enough for a small gathering at home.
2. Ingredients to Our Halloween Jungle Juice Recipe
Here are the ingredients to our recipe:
- Fresh fruits and juice: We used a combination of pineapples, apples, strawberries, and oranges.
- Spirits: Grand Marnier, tequila, and vodka. If you don’t have Grand Marnier, you can replace it with another type of orange or citrus liqueur.
- Flavorants: Mint and sugar.
- And ice, to make the drink more refreshing.
Of course, full ingredient measurements are available in the recipe section below.
How to Make Halloween Jungle Juice
Here’s a quick look of our Halloween jungle juice recipe:
Prepare the jug: Put all the sliced fruits into a glass jug.
Mix the liquid: Combine all the fresh juice, alcohol, and sugar.
Serve: Pour the drinking into four iced glasses and enjoy.
Can This Juice Get You Drunk?
Yes, it can. As mentioned, this drink may contain a moderate amount of alcohol, but that is still enough to make you tipsy. And if your tolerance is low, this drink may have more of an affect on you.
A trick we recommend to avoid getting drunk is to make sure you’ve eaten a full healthy meal before consuming alcoholic drinks.
Having a full stomach will suppress the desire to drink this cocktail too quickly. When sipped on slowly, the alcohol will take more time to enter your system.
How Long Does This Juice Last?
If you have any leftover Halloween jungle juice after your party, we suggest straining it before storing. Try not to leave fresh fruits in liquid overnight as they will lose their flavor and texture.
When you put the strained cocktail in an airtight bottle or mason jar and keep it in the fridge, it can last up to 3 days.
For more delicious drinks, check out our collection of healthy juice roundup.
Halloween Jungle Juice Recipe
- 1 oz pineapple sliced
- 1 oz apple sliced
- 1 oz strawberry sliced
- 1 oz orange sliced
- 2 tbsp mint
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 fl oz pineapple juice from about 7 oz fresh, peeled pineapple
- 6 fl oz orange juice from about 10 oz fresh, peeled orange
- 4 fl oz apple juice from about 8 oz fresh Gala apple
- 1 fl oz 80-proof Grand Marnier
- 2 fl oz 80-proof tequila
- 1 fl oz 80-proof vodka
- 2 cups ice
- Prepare the jug: Put all the sliced fruits into a glass jug.
- Mix the liquid: Add pineapple juice, orange juice, apple juice, Grand Marnier, tequila, vodka, mint, and sugar to the jug. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve: Pour the drinking into four iced glasses and enjoy.