Our spinach green smoothie recipe introduces a tasty drink that is also packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It’s an excellent way to add extra fruits and greens to your diet.
Is This Spinach Green Smoothie Recipe Healthy?
Yes, our spinach green smoothie recipe is healthy. Spinach, the star of our smoothie, is low in calories yet high in nutrients.
One cup of this leafy green contains only 7 calories and a variety of vitamins, such as 145 mg of vitamin K, 141 mg of vitamin A, and 8 mg of vitamin C. These nutrients perform hundreds of roles in our body, including repairing cellular damage, strengthening the immune system, and promoting healthy skin.
Furthermore, there is up to 558 mg of potassium in 100g of spinach. Adding more potassium can aid in the reduction of high sodium levels in the body which helps to regulate the body’s fluid balance and lower blood pressure.
Smoothies are versatile, and you can add all sorts of fruits and vegetables. If you love smoothies with spinach as a base, our Kale Spinach Smoothie Recipe is another great option for you.
Ingredients for Spinach Green Smoothie
- Spinach: Adding a handful of spinach or kale to your smoothie is an excellent way to boost its vitamins, fiber, and antioxidant content. Although the spinach imparts a distinct color to the smoothie, it is very mild. This green smoothie has no discernible vegetable flavor.
- Pineapple: Pineapple adds a tropical-fruity note to the drink. Once blended, the smoothie forms a creamy texture and bursts with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
- Liquid: Milk, non-dairy milk, coconut water, yogurt, and juice are all wonderful options. If you want to boost your protein content, go with milk and yogurt.
If you’re already getting enough protein from another source, coconut water or almond milk are healthier alternatives. A dash of orange juice is an excellent method to sweeten your smoothie, but be aware of added sweeteners if you choose this path.
- Honey: Honey adds sweetness and an irresistible nutty hint to your smoothie.
- Lemon Juice: A squeeze of fresh lemon adds a tangy note and brightens up the flavor.
How to Make Spinach Green Smoothie
This healthy and delicious smoothie requires less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Pour into serving glasses.
Serve immediately.Jump to Recipe
What Is the Best Time to Drink Green Smoothies?
Technically, smoothies can be enjoyed at any time, but there are some significant advantages to having your green smoothie at the right time of the day.
- In the Morning
Green leafy vegetables with a greater carbohydrate content, protein, and healthy fats, like kale or spinach in smoothies, are excellent choices for breakfast. Mornings are also a great time to consume smoothies that are high in fruits and vegetables, as well as antioxidant-rich ingredients.
- After Exercises
Consuming food immediately following a workout is not recommended, as your body requires time to recover and rehydrate from the considerable sweating.
It is preferable to consume water, fruit juices, or smoothies immediately following a workout rather than anything else. A post-workout smoothie can add the right amount of protein, carbs, fat, and micronutrients.might be higher in protein than in carbohydrates, and Tthe goal is recovery, and muscle building, and adding back nutrient losses.
- Snack Time
Smoothies are an easy way to satisfy your hunger and sweet cravings. Additions including nuts, chia seeds, peanut butter, curd or yogurt, and even protein powders can be blended in for nutrient-rich and delicious snack drinks.
How Long Does This Smoothie Last?
Smoothies, in general, will taste better and be more nutritious freshly made. Our spinach green smoothie should, however, stay fresh for up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
This smoothie is excellent for prepping ahead of time and enjoying week after week. You can store the drink for longer by placing it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw the frozen mixture overnight in the refrigerator or combine straight from the freezer.
Spinach Green Smoothie Recipe
- 2 oz spinach
- 12 oz pineapple cubed
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put 2 cups of ice, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 12 oz pineapple, and 2 oz spinach into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately