Today’s vodka and pineapple juice recipe turns some simple available ingredients into a delicious and refreshing quencher.
The classic blend of vodka and pineapple juice is used as a base while some sugar and lime juice are added to reach the perfect balance of sweet and tang flavor.
And the result is a party punch that is easy to make and surely satisfy the crowd.
Is Vodka and Pineapple Juice Healthy?
Vodka and pineapple juice always contains some alcohol, so no, we don’t consider it a healthy drink. However, our recipe is formulated to use a moderate and healthy amount of alcohol 1 fl.oz for each serving.
Calories in Vodka and Pineapple Juice
Each serving of this vodka and pineapple juice provides 130 calories. Nearly 50% of that comes from vodka and the rest is from fruit and sugar. You can reduce the calorie content by decreasing the proportion of vodka and sugar in the recipe.
There is no “right” formula for vodka and pineapple juice recipe, you can play with the ingredients and ratio of them in the recipe to find the best that suits your taste.
What to Mix with Pineapple Vodka
In our vodka and pineapple juice recipe, vodka offers a nice alcoholic base while its neutral taste provides a generous space for tropical sweetness of pineapple to shine. Since the drink is relatively versatile, there are thousands of combinations worthed a try.
Here we come with some ingredients that can get along nicely with vodka and pineapple juice base.
- Orange juice: The mix of orange juice and vodka might remind you of the classic Screwdriver. However, this drink is even more lip-smacking and perfectly balanced with the fresh pineapple juice.
Serve them over ice and you have a simple yet fancy drink for a get-together or party this summer.
- Grape juice: If you want your tropical quencher to have a nice touch of sweetness, grapes juice-red, purple, or green- is your best friend. While the original vodka and pineapple juice was mixed with sugar, you can reduce or even remove sugar
Pair the drink with roasted meat in the main meal or drink it whenever you’re craving an easy cocktail.
- Cranberry: Berry juice, especially cranberry, is an excellent companion to vodka. It offers a natural tart flavor with a pink hue which refreshes and makes your liquid visually appealing.
Feel free to add some honey and syrup to your drink if you want to balance out the sour note from the berry.
- Grapefruit: If pineapple juice is not enough to yield tropical spirit, grapefruit juice is waiting to bring an extra fruity punch. Another good news, no added sweetener is required since grapefruit juice can replace sugar in the recipe.
How to Make Vodka and Pineapple Juice Recipe
Step 1: Prep pineapple
Use a sharp knife to peel the pineapple. Cut off the top, bottom, and outer skin of the pineapple. Discard the core and cut it into medium chunks.
Step 2: Juice pineapple
Put pineapple chunks through a juicer. Transfer the juice to a large pitcher.
Step 3: Add lime juice, sugar, and vodka
Add lime juice, sugar, and vodka to the pitcher. Use a spoon to stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
Step 4: Simmer lemongrass
Slice lemongrass and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 5: Serve
Serve over ice. Garnish with pineapple slices and the lemongrass swizzle sticks.
How to Juice a Pineapple without a Juicer
In case you don’t own a juice extractor at home, there is another method to juice fruit. All you need is a blender, a fine-mesh strainer, and a bowl, and you are on the way to make fresh pineapple juice any time.
Below is a short instruction.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Add them into a blender. You can add some water to the blender if the mixture is too thick to blend.
- Blend until there are no big chunks remaining, however, the mixture shouldn’t be too silky like a smoothie.
- Pour the juice through a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl.
- Collect the juice into a pitcher.
How Long Does It Last?
Since vodka and pineapple juice contains alcohol, it should be consumed within the first 2 hours of making for the best quality and flavor.
To prolong your vodka and pineapple juice, keep it in an airtight container. This is to eliminate the oxygen exposure and toxicity, which potentially lower the nutrients in the juice.
Refrigerating can keep the juice fresh for 3 days and for extended shelf life, store it in a freezer for up to 2-3 months. When ready to use, place the juice at room temperature so that it can thaw gradually.
Vodka and Pineapple Juice RecipePrint RATE facebook share twitter share pinterest share
- 16 fl oz pineapple juice from 18 oz fresh pineapple
- 4 fl oz 80-proof vodka
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 0.5 oz lemongrass
- 2 cups ice
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; Purchases made via these links may benefit us at no additional cost to you. Read our Affiliate Disclosure.
- Use a sharp knife to peel the pineapple. Cut off the top, bottom, and outer skin of the pineapple. Discard the core and cut it into medium chunks.
- Put pineapple chunks through a juicer. Transfer the juice to a large pitcher.
- Add lime juice, sugar, and vodka to the pitcher. Use a spoon to stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice lemongrass and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with pineapple slices and the lemongrass swizzle sticks.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!