Today’s bacon wrapped chicken thighs recipe makes a delightful meal with juicy chicken thighs wrapped in savory bacon. It’s a simple dish to make, yet special to serve and satisfying to taste. Pair it with creamy mashed potato and boiled green beans for a well-rounded meal that packs a bunch of goodness!
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
The list is very straightforward: four main ingredients—chicken, bacon, potatoes, and green beans with a handful of spices and herbs, then you’re good to go. Let’s have a closer look at them:
- Chicken: Our chefs go with skinless boneless chicken thighs for tasty and tender results. We don’t choose skin-on thighs since we will be wrapping them with bacon, which acts as a tender-crisp outer layer for our chicken. To marinate the chicken, we toss the meat in a mixture of Cajun seasoning, ground black pepper, paprika, oregano, thyme, olive oil, cayenne, and garlic powder for a savory and slightly spicy kick.
- Bacon: We opt for cured bacon for this recipe. Simply wrap them around each piece of chicken thigh and then secure it with a toothpick.
- Potatoes: Mashed potatoes go extremely well with chicken and bacon. Adding a little bit of added salt and butter to your mashed potatoes will make it taste superb.
- Green beans: Fresh, snappy green beans beautifully compliment our bacon wrapped chicken thighs, as they give our dish more textures and also freshen up the taste.
Is Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs Healthy?
Yes, our bacon wrapped chicken thighs recipe makes a healthy meal. Here’s why:
With chicken as the star, our dish is packed with protein, with one serving containing 32.6 grams, an impressive amount.
Besides, the addition of green beans and potatoes give our dish an extra boost of fiber and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Last but not least, the crucial nutritional figures, such as saturated fat, sodium, and calories, have been carefully calculated to follow the 2020 – 2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Specifically, there are 7.8 g saturated fat, 604.7 mg sodium, and 473 calories for one serving.
How to Store and Reheat
You can keep the leftover bacon wrapped chicken thighs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For reheating, give it a quick bake in the air-fryer or oven before serving or simply microwave.
What to Serve With Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
For a well-rounded eating experience, try these delicious sides with our bacon wrapped chicken thighs:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe
This bacon wrapped chicken recipe makes a presentable and delectable meal with moist savory chicken thigh wrapped in blistered bacon, perfect for weeknight dinners.
- cook TIME 40 mins
- prep TIME 10 mins
- total TIME 50 mins
- COURSE Main Dish
- CUISINE American
- SERVINGS servings
- CALORIES 473 kcal
- 1.5 tspCajun seasoning
- 22 ozpotatoes (cubed)
- 0.3 tspsalt
- 0.5 tspground black pepper
- 1 tsppaprika
- 8 ozgreen beans (ends trimmed)
- 4 ozraw cured bacon
- 1 tbspunsalted butter
- 0.5 tsporegano
- 1 tspthyme
- 2 tbspparsley (chopped)
- 18 ozskinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1.5 tbspolive oil
- 0.3 tspcayenne
- 0.5 tspgarlic powder
Cut the potato into cubes: Peel off the skin, then cut the potato into thin slices, cut the slices into fingers, and cut the fingers into cubes.
Wash the green beans and trim their both ends.
Finely chop the parsley.
Microwave the potatoes: Add 22 oz potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave for 12 minutes.
Microwave the green beans: Add 8 oz green beans into another microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, microwave for 4 minutes, then rinse through cold water to keep the firm texture and vibrant green color.
Marinate the chicken: On a large plate, add 18 oz skinless boneless chicken thighs, 1 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp thyme, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp cayenne, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Toss well to coat evenly.
Wrap the chicken with bacon: Wrap each sheet of bacon around each piece of chicken thigh, then pierce through the meat with a toothpick to secure the bacon wrap. (We use 4 oz raw cured bacon for 18 oz skinless boneless chicken thighs.)
Make mashed potato: Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp unsalted butter, and 1/2 tbsp olive oil into the bowl of microwaved potatoes. Mash with a fork until it reaches a desired consistency.
Air-fry the chicken: Place the chicken in an air-fryer and cook at 375 °F for 20 minutes.
Garnish and serve: sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Serve the chicken with mashed potatoes and boiled green beans.