If you think that having a glass of juice is the healthiest way to get essential vitamins and minerals, this green apple juice recipe is for you.
Health Benefit of Green Apple Juice
Whole apples are always one of the healthiest and most nutritious fruits. They improve heart health, lower the risk of diabetes, and are a great source of fiber.
Juicing may reduce the nutritional content which is in the flesh and skin of apples, however, apple juice still offers some impressive health benefits.
- Keeps you hydrated: Nearly 90% of apple juice is water and it’s especially good for those who are sick and at risk of dehydration. Patients after medical procedures are often served apple juice because it’s easier on the stomach and won’t cause nausea.
Electrolyte drinks are developed to rehydrate, however, not all people like the taste of them, especially kids. Fresh apple juice with its pleasant sweetness is a yummier and cheaper alternative.
- Contains beneficial plant compounds: Apples are rich in plant nutrients such as polyphenols. While the majority of plant compounds are in the peel, you can still keep a splendid amount of them throughout juicing apples at home.
The plant compound can protect your cells from oxidative damage and inflammation. In other words, they may inhibit the growth of some cancers, heart diseases, and boost immunity.
How to Peel an Apple Fast
Using a vegetable peeler is the easiest and quickest way to get rid of the skins. Here is a step-to-step:
- Place an apple on a flat surface. Start by peeling the top and bottom of the fruit. The flat bottom is a good starting point since it can help stabilize the apple for the rest of your peeling process.
- Peel around the apple until the entire apple is discarded from the skin.
This way you will have a perfect peeled apple ready to be cut and juiced later.
Protip: Peeling away from your body for safety.
How to Core
Apple corer can save you some time on the coring process. Push it through the center, twist, and pull it back to remove the center part.
If you don’t have an apple corer on hand, don’t worry, it can be done with a regular knife. Simply use a sharp knife to cut the apple into quarters and scoop out the center.
What Is Good to Mix with Green Apple Juice
This veggie not only improves the nutritional profile of your green apple juice recipe but also adds an appealing green color. If you find the aroma of straight celery is too sharp, do not worry. The celery flavor is combined with apple and honey to a lip-smacking drink, in fact, you might even don’t feel the appearance of it in the juice.
A small piece of ginger is enough to give your apple juice a heavenly spicy note. Try several times to find the balanced ratio of ingredients that suits your palate.
We found the right balance of spicy and sweet in this refreshing juice made with carrots; you’ll love it!
Vodka, a classic choice to combine with orange or berry juice, can also pair nicely with apple juice. This cocktail makes a great aperitif to awaken your palate before a fish dish or fruity salsa.
Apple juice and whiskey can become your favorite mixer for the first time trying. This blend delivers a surprising kick of sweet and spicy flavor that perfectly pairs with beef steak or grilled turkey.
What Is the Best Time to Drink Apple Juice?
Fresh apple juice should be consumed the first thing in the morning, before breakfast. Your body can absorb nutrients effectively at this time because it has been the “fasting process” while sleeping at night.
The juice has enough calories to satisfy your hunger while providing you the necessary hydration in the morning.
Another great time to have a glass of apple juice is around exercise. The drink gives a healthy dose of vitamins and energy that encourage you to push yourself working out.
What’s more, a sip of juice during break time can keep your energy levels up throughout the whole exercise schedule.
Though you can drink apple juice almost any time of the day based on the personal diet and activity, we don’t recommend having it before bedtime. Apple juice, with a little amount of sugar, may cause a spike in blood sugar and lead to temporary insomnia.
How Long Does Green Apple Juice Last?
Fresh apple juice should be used within a short period, usually the first 2 hours after juicing. You can store the apple juice in a jar and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Longer storage will decrease the nutritional profile and the quality of the apple juice.
To maximize the shelf life of apple juice, you can freeze it either in a glass jar or a plastic container. When filling up the container, make sure that you leave an inch of space on the top because the liquid expands slightly when it’s frozen.
Frozen juice can last somewhere between 6-9 months. However, be aware that the freezing process can affect the flavor, so you might want to test it before consuming it.
For those who are looking for more healthy apple juice recipes, our article on the top 10 apple juice recipes offers some excellent options.
Green Apple Juice Recipe
- 3 cup green apple juice from 4 fresh apples
- 2 oz spinach
- 2 tbsp honey
- Wash green apples in the running water and pat dry them.
- Cut apples into medium pieces to fit into your juicer chute. Remove the core.
- Turn the juicer on and push apples and spinach through the juicer. Continue until all fruit and veggie are done.
- Add honey and stir with a spoon.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.