It’s summertime! That’s right, nothing feels better than sipping a cool, refreshing drink on a scorching hot day. From sparkling lemon juice and luscious berry smoothies to stunning tequila and cocktails. Our refreshing summer drinks recipes are just what you need.—
Which Drinks Are Best for Summer?
Drinking fresh water is the simplest and most effective way to keep yourself hydrated, but sometimes you just want something different.
There are so many other beverages full of flavor, like tangy citrus juices, tropical fruit smoothies, and exotic cocktails, which have always been summertime favorites.
It’s nigh impossible to pick a top or best drink because each is brilliant in its own way and for different occasions.
If the heat gets tough on you and you are desperately thirsty, a glass of fresh orange juice would be just what you need.
But if there is a wild party going on, then vibrant watermelon jungle juice or fizzy lime tequila would be more fitting.
We’re here to help. Whatever you fancy, we have the right recipe for it.
Let’s jump in!
Juice Recipes for Summer
To beat the heat, fruit juice is clearly the best choice. Besides its hydrating effects, drinking juice can also be a great way to give your body many essential nutrients.
Popular ingredients for making refreshing juices include watermelon, citrus fruits, tropical fruits, berries, and veggies. Let’s take a look at these healthy and tasty juice recipes.
1. Summer Drinks With Watermelon Medley
Watermelon — summer wouldn’t taste the same without this beautiful green and red fruit. Plus, everyone loves it, that’s why having watermelon juice is an awesome addition when spending the holidays with your friends and family.
- Strawberry Watermelon Juice: Bursting with flavor and freshness, you will not want to miss out on this delicious red combo.
- Watermelon Cucumber Juice: Extremely cool and refreshing, this minty watermelon and cucumber drink will give you a hydration boost on sweltering hot days.
- Watermelon and Lemon Juice: This vibrant drink is loved by all, especially kids. Sweet red watermelon and sour yellow lemon come together to create a drink that’s both bright and mellow!
2. Summer Drinks With Citrus Freshness
Citrus fruits are fantastic for making juices. Their tart-sweet flavor and bright aroma create excellent summer drinks.
- Carrot Orange Juice: Packed with vitamins A and C, this drink is great for your skin and health. The taste of carrots and oranges adds a nice zing to the overall flavor.
- Honey and Lemon Juice: The irresistible draw of lemons on a hot day is real. The fresh lemon juice will quench your thirst right away and the note of sweetness from the honey that remains will leave you wanting more.
- Cucumber Lime Juice: Refreshing! That’s all there is to say about this juice. The cooling effect from cucumber and lime mixed with mint is simply divine.
- Fresh Grapefruit Juice: From the first sniff, you will be mesmerized by the aromatic fusion of grapefruit, grapes, and lemon juice in this recipe. A little sweetness. A little tartness. Our Fresh Grapefruit Juice will kiss the heat goodbye.
3. Summer Drinks With Tropical Delights
Tropical fruits have always been summer beauties. A little mix and match and you will have a glass full of tropical flavors in your hand, ready to sip.
- Passion Fruit Mango Juice: This is a classic tropical mix. That lovely sweet taste of mango combined with the tartness of passion fruit brings an exotic summer vibe.
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice: The fruity, tangy taste of pineapple with the freshness of cucumber is perfect for a balmy day. Add in a squeeze of lemon juice and some spearmint, you will immediately be transported to the ocean.
- Guava Juice: A well-loved tropical fruit, guava has a mildly sweet taste and a strong aroma. Use pink guavas to give more fruity flavors to this drink.
4. Berry Lovers
Sweet and juicy berries are our sweethearts for the summer. Incorporate them into your juice and feel your heart leap for joy!
- Pomegranate Blueberry Juice: This drink is a fresh and flavorful antioxidant powerhouse. Its charming sweet-tart aftertaste is simply irresistible. The added lemon juice helps balance out the sweetness, while rosemary triggers the senses.
- Strawberry Lemonade: How can someone not fall in love with this zesty drink? Red juicy strawberries mixed with tangy lemon juice, and finished with a minty touch. This drink is simply sweet and refreshing.
5. Soothing Greens
Drink up these hearty greens, and you will immediately feel calm, cool, and collected. Take a look at these recipes:
- Apple Celery Juice: With fresh apples, green celery, zesty lemon, and cool spearmint, the heat cannot beat you.
- Green Machine Juice: The refreshing and nutritious greens: kale, celery, and cucumber. Anything else? Yes, a delicious mix of grape, apple, and coconut juices, with added ginger and lemon to pull everything together.
Smoothie Recipes for Summer
There’s no way you can leave out smoothies when talking about summer drinks. Drinking smoothies is one excellent way to freshen up.
By blending whole fruits in the process, smoothies can retain the fiber and many essential nutrients which help nourish your body.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to ingredients for making smoothies, so you can get creative and try blending different ingredients for more fun! Here are some suggestions:
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie: This sweet-tart, fresh and creamy smoothie will melt your heart. Our recipe is super simple, with just orange juice, bananas, milk, and yogurt, so you can enjoy this classic summer treat in the comfort of your own home.
- Tropical Smoothie: Our main stars in this delicious dance are the sweet mango and the tangy pineapple. Yogurt, lemon juice, and orange juice are blended into the mix to create a more creamy texture and balanced flavor.
- Mango Yogurt Smoothie: Pick a ripe mango and it will work as the perfect natural sweetener, so no need for sugar in this recipe. The addition of crunchy cashew crumbs and fresh mint leaves will trigger your taste buds.
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie: This recipe offers a delightful combination of sweet, ripe pineapples with coconut milk, coconut water, and mint leaves. Mildly sweet, fresh, and creamy, a sip of this will transport you to the beach on a nice breezy day.
- Strawberry Papaya Smoothie: Odd as it may seem, the sweetness of papaya goes extremely well with the tart edge of strawberries. This unique duo will bring excitement to your palate and have you feeling refreshed in no time.
- Blueberry Smoothie: Got blueberries? Make smoothies! For this recipe, you can use both fresh and frozen blueberries, together with creamy Greek yogurt and refreshing orange juice for a thirst-quenching drink.
- Healthy Frozen Fruit Smoothie: If you have plenty of frozen fruits in your freezer, it’s time to take them out and make some healthy, delicious smoothies! In this recipe, we mix frozen berries with mangoes, honey, milk and yogurt. The sweet and sour taste of the berries mellows the ultra sweetness from the mangoes and honey, while milk and yogurt blend everything together into perfect creaminess.
- Healthy Green Smoothie: Wait, are there veggies in this smoothie? Yes, of course, we want to get in as many health benefits as possible! But you won’t even notice their presence because this green smoothie is delicious and easy to drink. Kids and adults will love it alike. After all, we all need a little relief on a hot day, don’t we? If it’s nutrient-packed, all the better!
- Kale Apple Smoothie: Our Kale Apple Smoothie will help you survive the burning heat. With kale and apples as the main ingredients, this smoothie is packed with nutrients and is extremely healthy. Whenever you’re feeling exhausted, drink this up and get energized!
- Watermelon Mojito Smoothie: This beautiful crimson fusion will drive you crazy. Frozen watermelon and frozen strawberries make up a fantastic flavor, while added lime juice and coconut water make it all the more chilled and refreshing.
Summer Drinks Recipes With Alcoholic
Summertime means rest and relaxation. Of course, we all want to reward ourselves with some moments of chill. This is where a mesmerizing cocktail would be perfect.
Here we have some quick-and-easy alcoholic beverage recipes with different liquor bases, such as rum, gin, vodka, and tequila, mixed with various fruit juices.
Feel free to pick your favorite, but remember to drink in moderation if you don’t want to end up feeling even more dehydrated from the effects of alcohol. These splendid drinks can be a treat, but water is still your best friend.
Now that we have moderation in mind, let’s check out these drinks!
- Gin and Grapefruit: This one is simply a beautiful melody. The combination of gin and grapefruit gives you a burst of citrus aroma, bringing fun vibes and tropical sensation to your relaxation time.
- Rum and Orange: Got a party going on? This drink must be on the list. The mildly sweet note of rum with its caramel and vanilla hint will brighten up your mood, while the fresh orange juice does an amazing refreshment job. A few sips of this will keep your guests happy all evening.
- Tequila and Lime: Zesty and delicious, this drink has all of the summer goodness from the fresh limes and exotic tequila. Serve this cooling cocktail at your parties and gatherings, and the guests will start asking for more.
- Tequila and Grapefruit: This recipe gives you a tasty cocktail on a breezy afternoon. The fruity and tart taste from grapefruit, pineapple, and lime juices adds to the summer vibe, while a touch of alcohol adds life to the party!
- Vodka Gimlet: If you’re a fan of vodka, then this vodka version of the classic Gimlet cocktail will please you for sure. With beautiful lime and liquor as the base and a note of cool mint, it can’t feel any fresher.
- Vodka and Orange (Screwdriver drink): The beauty of this drink lies in its simplicity. It only contains orange juice mixed with sugar and vodka, shaken with ice and served on the rocks, and yet, it is nothing short of a summer classic.
- Green Jungle: With dark rum as the base and citrus juices for the fruity flavors, this green-colored cocktail tastes like a party punch. Your party guests will love this!
- Blue Jungle: This Blue Jungle juice can be your ocean madness. Cool and refreshing from color to taste! The pineapple and lemon juices bring a tropical vibe, while the sweet, soft taste of white rum gently lifts your mood. The coconut water in the mix also reminds you of the palm beaches on a sunny day.
- Watermelon Jungle: This vibrant, gorgeous blend of liquor and watermelon juice will be the star at your next party. Everyone will want to have a sip of this fancy drink!
Those are some of our top suggestions for some refreshing beverages this summer.
Pick a recipe, whip it up, and cheers to a fun, bright, breezy summer!
Luna ReginaWriter, Author
April 18, 2023 at 3:19 AMBeat the heat with these refreshing summer drinks recipes.